Friday, June 25, 2010

The Journey from Broken Vessel to Vessel of God

A wounded heart and soul can many times lead to an altered emotional life. The enemy brings in fear, and the individual begins to maintain an inner life for protection (escape) and/or they might lose their self control and act out. Fear brings on a thought life that is steeped with self condemnation, guilt, worry, anxiety, bitterness, self-hate and resentment (a life revolved around "I" and "Me.") evidence of inner turmoil.

How do we then see God?
God - he must be angry at me because - look at my life or my circumstances or my emotional torment.

The Word says God is love and never abandons us.
Romans 8:38 - "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Our fears and thoughts trapped inside our head begin to take over. Darkness obscures the light of God and we begin to think and react out of fear. As we grow older, separate personalities can become more autonomous. Each personality has a limited amount of coping power because of the base emotion of fear. When these limits of our circumstances and inner life are reached - the mind can switch to an alternate personality or an alternate behavior. For example, fear resulting in outward anger or inward depression or both.

How can our God reach us. Each of us has turned to his own way. My ways are not your ways. You must learn to trust me and my ways - not because of your circumstances, but because of who I AM - the God of salvation and redemption.

For my Glory, I will heal your shattered life (minds and hearts) and I will be glorified through it.

Your strength will be renewed like the eagles and you will soar. TRUST ME.

I am the potter; you are the clay. I am the weaver; you are the thread.

I have overcome the world. Do not take your eyes off of me - the Light which shines into your darkness. You will become strong in me and the power of the Holy Spirit. Rest in me and allow me to heal you.

When you return to me,I will impart my love, and there will be a divine exchange: beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness; so that we will be called trees of righteousness, for the Glory of the Lord.

For the Lord will comfort Zion. He will comfort all her waste places. He will make her wilderness like Eden. And her desert like the garden of the Lord. Joy and gladness will be found in it, thanksgiving and the voice of melody. My justice will rest as a light on the peoples. On my arm they will trust. Isaiah 51:3

Listen - those of you who have ears to hear. The journey from broken vessel to a vessel of God begins with the hearing of the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment