Thursday, November 11, 2010

BE STILL IN GOD WITH THANKSGIVING

I stepped away from writing for a period of time - on my return, I discovered a deeper sense of intimacy with the Lord. Be still and know that I AM God.

One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek - that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life - to behold the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple. {Psalm 27:4}

At a time when our life gets busier around the upcoming holidays - this period of time invites us to abide in the celebration of our Lord and maker. He has allowed us to miss the mark, and yet, His love remains constant. How can that be? A Holy God that allows this imperfect soul to mature and grow as a loving Father embraces our dwelling in His goodness and His righteousness. He is the vital necessity that leads to a calmer and peaceful existence with ourselves and others. You are the vine - we are the branches. As we dwell in your presence, you satisfy our souls and you replenish us.

Gratitude and thanksgiving and praise is my gift to Him with everything that I am and am not - everything I have and have not.

This Word that I meditate on allows me to Delight myself in Him. The Hebrew translation of "delight" means to find exquisite joy. The Word transforms our hearts - abiding in his Holy presence.

Our focus can be Christ and his goodness - His eternal gift of life everlasting. Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His mercy endures forever. {Psalm 118}

Let the Lord be magnified. Make mention that His name is to be exalted. He has done excellent things: You neither sleep nor slumber - guarding and protecting us. To thee alone, we give thanks. You know the number of hairs on our head - to thee alone, we give thanks. In every trial and peril, we abide in the secret place of the most High, in the shelter of your wings - to thee alone, we give thanks.
You forgive us of every iniquity and heal all our diseases - to thee alone, we give thanks. Your Grace and mercy endures forever - to thee alone, we give thanks.

A more fulfilled everyday life of thanksgiving began at my church this morning. Pray with thanksgiving to uplift yourself and others who are depressed this holiday season. Thanksgiving is the opposite of discontent, discouragement and anxiety.

Thank you Grace Church of Kendall for your insightful words.....

"Thank you for the clothes that fit a little too snug - it means I have enough to eat.

Thank you for all the complaining I hear about the government - it means that I have feedom of speech.

Thank you for the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours - it means that I am alive.

Thank you for the teenager who is not doing dishes but is watching TV - He is at home and not on the streets.

Thank you for the taxes that we pay - it means that we are employed at home or in the office.

Thank you for the lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing - it means I have a home that I can help to maintain.

Thank you for the weariness at the end of the day - God gave us a job where we can work to the best of our ability.

Thank you for the parking spot I found at the far end of the parking lot - it means I am capable of walking and I have a means of transportation."

We become aware of these simple truths through thanksgiving, knowing and understanding our source - everything comes from our Heavenly Father. Psalm 127 - Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; except the Lord keeps the city, the watchman wakes but in vain." God is interested in every aspect of our lives. Acknowledge him in everything with prayer and thanksgiving, and He will direct our paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment